Monday, May 16, 2016

Highlights, Spring 2016


Spring is beginning to wane, so you have to forgive me if I take a fond look back at the last few months of what is turning out (between colossal snowstorms)


Trachystemon orientalis





Prunus serrulata ex Hokkaido (very hardy)

Narcissus 'Peeping Tom'

Corydalis malkensis and Anemone blanda

Leontice ewersmannii

Fritillaria michaelovskyi

Cyclamen coum

Crocus gagaricus

Adonis amurensis in bud

Iris 'Rubies in Gold'
The name may be just a tad overstated...

A slightly chloritic Viola pedata. I'm still thrilled...

Gentiana acaulis 'Caerulea'

Aquilegia saximontana x flabellata 'Nana'

Fritillaria pontica

Medley of blues

Iberis taurica and Allium karataviense 'Henrik Zetterlund'


Pediocactus despainii (very small...)


Paeonia anomala

Primula x polyanthus and lens cap.

Valeriana sp. (ex Arrowhead Alpines--name not certain)

Gentiana acaulis

Phlox kelseyi 'Lemhi Purple'

Orostachys spinosa

4 comments:

  1. The bowl of orostachys spinosa is stunning. I loose mine every single year, Not sure if it is slug or the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am told that when Mrs. Willmot visited a garden she would sow seeds of Giant Sea Holly which is how this plant received the other name "The ghost of Mrs. Wilmont."

    If Giant Sea Holly is the ghost of Mrs. Wilmont then Iberis taurica must be your ghost. After getting seed from you I now have Iberis taurica appearing hear and there in my seed starting trays. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How painful to think of me being commemorated with THAT, James...but I have lots of Miss Willmott's ghost all over my garden. Come to think of it, one could do much worse than Iberis taurica! Which has swallowed up a whole corner of my rock garden...

      Delete
    2. If you want to be remembered then Iberis taurica is a good plant. It is never likely to disappear. :)

      I am still hoping Phlox Mary Maslin will again be offered for sale.

      Delete

Featured Post

A garden near lake Tekapo

The crevice garden of Michael Midgley Just a few years old, this crevice garden was designed and built by Michael Midgley, a delightful ...

Blog Archive